Car Parking and Arrival to Mdina
- The Award Winning, The Mdina Experience is situated in Mesquita Square in the walled City of Mdina about 400 metres from the Bus Terminus. Taxis can stop outside Mdina near the Main Gate and outside Greek’s Gate. One could ask a taxi to drop you off at Villegaignon Street corner with Mesquita Street , only a few metres away from Mesquita Square. parking is illegal expect for residents in Mdina . Taxi’s inside the City can only Drop off and pick up. If you rented a car, one can require parking in the Car Parks which are not a considerable distance away.
- This attraction is a ten minute ,short walk away close to the bus station.
- Bus route numbers to Mdina can be found at: publictransport.com.mt
- The Square immediately outside the property has a gentle gradient but since the area is quiet it is also possible to push wheelchairs on the Paved Flooring.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- The access to The Mdina Experience is through the front door at 7, Mesquita Square which has a wheelchair ramp and a small one inch step.
- The door entrance width is :190 cm.
- As you enter the first few feet of the entrance, the flooring is uneven, caution is advised.
- Ticketing area is right in front of the main door.
- One can also enter from the back entrance at 3, Aragon Street which has one small stone step. The door entrance width is : 100cm.
Local food products
- one can purchase a range of local food products from goats cheese, sun -dried tomatoes, jams to other pickled items on our stands, all pre-packed with visible expiry dates and marked prices are inclusive of Vat . Ideal gifts to take back home.
- The coffee shop is on the ground floor next to the reception area and most tables cater for wheelchairs.
- The seating capacity in the coffee shop area is of 70 seats.
- The entrance door to the bar counter area is : 62cm.
- It is a waiter service cafe, selling snacks, salads, wraps, platters, hot and cold drinks, ice creams,beer,wines and many more.
(All prices are inclusive of Vat.)
Foyer and Theatre
- The Mdina Experience has 22 Stone steps from the ground level/entrances to the foyer and theatre where the audiovisual shows are held.
- Theatre door width is 117cm.
- Handrails are fixed on the side of the walls in the staircase.
- Once you are at this level there are no further steps expect the theatre tiering steps to access the 70 seats.
- If you require wheel chairs to be lifted to this level please telephone or email ahead and we may be able to arrange help with lifting and provide easier access. (Please contact us before arriving.) The theatre screen is all visible for wheelchair users.
- Visitors should allow 35 minutes to see the multi-lingual audio visual show.
- All shows can be listened to in 13 different languages: Maltese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish , Greek, Turkish, Russian, Japanese.
- Toilets are not wheelchair accessible however planned for the near future.
- The premises have two toilets,well lit with overhead lighting.
- The Anti room door width is : 62cm.
- The entrance doors to the toilets area are: 21cm and 22 cm.
- A toilet is equipped with a baby nappy changer.
- Tickets can also be purchased online through the website.
- Guide dogs are welcome on the premises.
- Clear signage is used throughout the attraction, white letters on green or red background.
For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website.
- We hope to be able to introduce a lift which will allow visitors to access the first floor of the Museum complex in the near future, although we do not have a set date for this just yet.